Pages

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Waiting to Exhale

My HcG numbers are great, apparently.  46, 270 at 6 weeks is considered on the high side of the scale, so I'm definitely sighing relief.  

In other news, I feel like I may barf at any given moment.  And it's not full blown nausea.  It's queasiness, which is like an expensive date that doesn't put out.  Tease.

It's not the most pleasant feeling on the planet, and the lump in my throat seems to move every time I move an inch.  It's unnerving, to say the least.  

So I'm investing in some ziplock baggies and I'm going to carry them around with me in case of vomit.  Seriously, I feel like it's right there, ready to say hi.

I'm also holding my breath until the 31st, when we have our first sonogram.  I think I'll completely exhale this stale, paranoid air out of my lungs when I see the fetal pole...maybe even a heartbeat.  Dare I dream?

1 comment:

jill said...

can i get you some saltines?