Pages

Friday, December 26, 2008

No News is No News

No news from MyMedLabs.com, so I sent them a note asking when the tests were to be expected.  The problem:  My blood was drawn on the 23rd of December, right before the big holiday.  I'm sure they're not going to be in for a while.

Nothing much has changed.  The breast soreness has returned, I'm sleeping a stupid amount throughout the day, and there's that tugging in my uterus that came back.  I'm not feeling so much nauseous as queasy.  It's like I'm on the verge of feeling sick, but just not there yet.  

At this point in my first pregnancy, 31 dpo, I was spotting blood and miscarrying in the middle of the night.  The anniversary hasn't escaped me, and I think about it constantly, especially when I'm in the bathroom checking for the signs of something gone horribly wrong.  

Meanwhile, the countdown to the big sonogram has begun.  I will be at 7 weeks by the 31st, and every site on the web that has anything to do with being pregnant and sonograms says you will be able to hear a heartbeat by then.  However, being me, I am not getting my hopes up.  The idea of going in expecting to hear that glorious little beating and then hearing nothing at all instead makes my heart ache.  

Most likely, the doctor is going to check for uterus size, shape, and the fetal pole.  That's what I'm hoping to see more than anything else at this point...hope that it will all work out.

I'm not even sure I want to see the HcG numbers from the blood work, actually.  If they're low, I'll be crushed.  But if they're high, I'll be ridiculously happy.  There really is no in between, no happy medium.   

(For the record, at 5 weeks LMP the numbers should be 18 - 7,340 mlU/ml.  At 6 weeks LMP the numbers should be 1,080 - 56,500 mlU/ml.)

So while I'm waiting, I'll keep feeling myself up, making sure everything aches and hurts as it's supposed to.  That's always entertaining.

No comments: