Pages

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Superstitious Christmas

I spoke with my mother today and she told me she had a pregnancy dream.  She said she dreamt she was picking a bunch of red flowers in a field.  I spent the next two hours thinking about what that dream interpretation would be...red flowers.

After some irresponsible Googling, I found that it could be a number of things:

1)  In Asian culture, red is the color of luck, good fortune, and happiness.  General prosperity.  In Japan, if it's a red monkey, it is considered a color of fertility and childbirth and expels demons.  Good monkey.

2) With crystal healing, red is associated with infertility and impotence.

3) General dream interpretation says that dreaming of the color red indicates fertility and love.  It reveals the ripeness and readiness of a womb.

I refuse to take crystal healing seriously, so everything looks good for mom's dream.  Go mom!

No comments: