Pages

Monday, August 10, 2009

Feeling Excited...and GROSS.

Ugh. Have you ever felt like you just can't get clean enough? That's how I feel every day when I wake up. Stinky. (Yes, pregnancy occasionally makes you smell funny.) Unable to resolve the tremendous gastrointestinal issue. Having to change my underwear every few hours because of "pregnancy leaks." Too much information? DON'T I KNOW IT.

At one point I just realized that it was just grossing me out. On top of gaining weight all over my face and suddenly realizing this third chin may not want to go away any time soon, I feel exhausted by the extra poundage. It's a lot to carry around and it's getting to me.

I realize I'm pregnant and waiting for a beautiful baby to come. It's not that I'm delusional and thinking I will magically Heidi Klum my way into a bikini a month after giving birth. I just feel kind of disgusted with myself at various times of the day. I hate seeing myself in the mirror some days. Pictures are a no-no. Everything that reflects is banned from my view for now.

Now, these days of disgust are not the norm, but they hit like a mac truck and they're not fun for the ego. Not to mention showering is now a real chore. I can't take one without almost killing myself by slipping on the water.

How low have I sunk? I need supervision to take a shower.

No comments: