Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Stye for my Eye

This miscarriage has made me go to drastic measures to try to avoid being depressed.  I've been trying to cheer myself up in ways that don't require spending boat-loads of money on shoes and purses.  I've made an effort and tried seeing the humor in the little things, so I'll be distracted from the issues at hand.  But it hasn't been working quite as I'd expected, I'm afraid.  

An example...I still kind of LOOK pregnant.  My stomach still pooches out, which can mean one of two things:  1) I'm still bloated from the hormones and it will (God willing) eventually go down.  Or 2) I was always this fat and never accepted it.  The pregnancy gave me an excuse to buy a stretchy pants/empire waist wardrobe.

In addition to this minutae, I found a gross little "discovery" while rubbing my allergy-itchy eye in the morning.  Talk about adding insult to injury...I felt a tell-tale pinch while blinking today.  Upon closer inspection in a mirror, I found the biggest, fattest, pinkest stye I've ever seen.  It nearly resembled a second head.

Regardless of what horrible things have happened this week, I started thinking weird, unnatural thoughts about my new "addition."  One thought that kept popping into my head was "I'm not pregnant anymore.  But my eyeball looks like it's about eight months along."

Humor will save me from this ongoing pity-fest.  Sick, unadulterated, gross humor.

No comments: