Pages

Saturday, June 14, 2008

The First Day

It is the first day of summer vacation, and what I consider the official beginning of my 1st trimester.  I must admit, this pregnancy could not have been planned better.  I will be close to my 2nd trimester (the one that doesn't suck so much) when I begin work again.  That will be easier to bear, considering all of the horror stories all of these older mothers at my work have been telling me about morning sickness and cramps.  

I'm wondering if they are truly happy for me because I'm going to experience the joys of motherhood, or if they're truly happy for THEM because I'm going to become another statistic in their "Pain of Childbirth" club.  I may be imagining it, but sometimes, I see sadistic little smiles and smirks out of the corner of my eye.  

Then again, I'm the youngest person at work.  This may be some sort of evil hazing initiation into their sorority.

No comments: