Pages

Monday, June 23, 2008

Scary Spotting

Some light spotting began on Saturday the 21st.  It was brown and sticky, and only slightly red.  I panicked and called the E.R. nurse to ask questions.  I was told that it was normal, and that many women spot in their first trimester.

However, being paranoid, I wrote my doctor.  She said "It's not normal, but many people do spot in their first trimester."  

Confused, I made an appointment to see someone today.  Still spotting, and heavier, more red than before, I began fearing the worst.  The doctor was not my regular doctor, very young, and seemed very negative about the transvaginal ultrasound.  She said she could see the amniotic sac, but no fetal pole.  There was no heartbeat, and worse still, she said it was way too small to be at 6 1/2 weeks.  My heart broke.

She sent me for blood tests to check for hormone levels, and also signed me up for a sonogram and another transvaginal ultrasound in the radiology department.  It was all pretty invasive and horrible, and nothing seems positive about any of the possible outcomes.

I'll hear back tomorrow morning, hopefully.  I'm fearing the worst, and bracing myself for bad news, although people say not to stress out and worry.  I don't think I can't worry about it.  It's not sounding good.

I'm still bleeding, and more heavily than before.  The blood has turned from brown to red, and I'm fairly sure it's a miscarriage.  

We shall see.  

No comments: