Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Electric Boogaloo

I surged, but when I surged remains a mystery.  That is what is frustrating about the stupid OPKs and charting...nothing is certain, everything is debatable, all depends on the interpretation.

Egg white cervical mucus, high-soft-open cervix, ovulation pain...check, check, check.  OPK?  Negatory.  GRRRR and BOOOO.

However, I did manage to get in a few appointments with my two new acupuncturists.  On Saturday, I saw my Berkeley gal, whom seems nice enough with a slightly hippie vibe that makes me want to weave daisy chain necklaces and sing Dylan songs while she's poking me.  Every visit with her has been gentle, calming, and slightly otherworldly.  But this time, she brought out a machine and said, "So, we should try electrodes."

"What?"  My eyes popped open.  "You mean, like a car battery?  Are you going to jump start my uterus?"

After a good-natured laugh she said, "Kind of.  It's a low level voltage that goes into the needles.  It may help get your uterus to wake up."

I started to get nervous.  It was painful enough to be poked with needles and have them twisted, but electricity?!  "Is it...painful?"

She paused, looked at my wrinkled brow and said, "Well, it's like a massage."

A massage?  An electric massage?  How badly do I want this baby?  

I looked at her trustingly and nodded.  "LET'S DO THIS."

She attached the electrodes and turned on the machine.  The pulsing was weird.  It alternated from one needle to the next.  Then, it WAS like a massage.  The woman did not lie.

If I do get pregnant this cycle, I may be giving birth to Frankenstein.  It's alive!  A-LIVE!!




No comments: