Pages

Monday, October 20, 2008

Late Ovulation Opinions

I have an opinion.  Ovulation is considered late if it is later than 21 cd.  This is my official opinion after some extensive irresponsible Googling done on medical and pregnancy sites.

I ovulated on the 20th day, supposedly, but my luteal is normal, as far as I can tell...13 dpo.  This is key, apparently, because if you ovulate too early or too late, your egg has not matured correctly and the possibility of having a normal, healthy pregnancy decreases significantly.  

So keep in mind, you can conceive a normal, healthy zygote if you ovulate on cd 21.  Don't listen to the seemingly millions of posts from "expert" ttc moms-to-be who have experienced what they consider late ovulation.   Just keep on keeping on, and stop thinking about it so damn much.  (Talking to myself, here.)

No comments: