Pages

Monday, July 21, 2008

Jogging vs. Law and Order Reruns

Here I am yet again, hunched over my keyboard, watching Law and Order, waiting for my egg to drop.  Ahhh, the opulence of summer break.

At least I'm not eating mochi ice cream today.  Although technically, the day is not over yet.  I've been curbing my diet and trying to eat healthier foods, although this past weekend was a severe dip in my nutritional goals.  Korean BBQ, DAMN YOUUU...

However, I'm trying to get back on track.  Being pregnant for even a short time took a lot out of me, including my figure, my weight, and my hormones.  Unfortunately, I was one of those women who bloat to the size of a bouncy house in the first trimester.  I'd like to think that all this spare tire sitting on my waistline is just the remainder, and that eventually it will magically melt away.  One can only hope.

My trainer says my body may just be "healing" and "returning to normal" after all the trauma and turmoil of miscarriage.  Ach.  From her mouth to God's ears.

However, instead of working off that weight and going for a run right now, I choose to sit on my ass and watch reruns on television.  My excuse?  I'm tired.  I deserve a break.  I want to be a slug.  I want to do whatever I want.  I make decisions based on what my body wants to do, which is hibernate.

Ok, lousy excuses.  Stop yer bitchin'.  I'm out the door.  

No comments: