Pages

Friday, June 26, 2009

Pelvic Pain in the Ass

The pelvic pain is intense, and it's the first truly annoying pregnancy symptom I've experienced since becoming pregnant eight months ago. For that, I know I should be grateful. However, being in constant pain makes it difficult to be thankful. Ugh.

It's hard to move a millimeter, which makes transport of my belly full o' baby virtually impossible for me on bad days. I've been brought to tears just trying to shift from one side to the other on the couch. Yes, it's really that uncomfortable.

But not nearly as uncomfortable as labor, and that is a pretty terrifying prospect. However, with labor comes a baby. With pelvic pain comes...more unrelenting pelvic pain and immobility. Giving birth is kind of like getting a prize at the end of all that horrible work. Pelvic pain rewards only get as good as the closest chocolate candy or cupcake you can reach before giving out.


No comments: