Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

3rd Trimester Sonogram

We went to our doctor's appointment yesterday and begged for a sonogram. We are like the sonogram junkies at this point. Any glimpse is like a taste of heaven. But on this sono, there was something I noticed that stayed with me for hours after the visit...he looks like a baby.

A real baby, with cheeks, a little nose, and lips that suck in amniotic fluid. He can swallow, hear, blink, and react. He has eyelashes and brows and taste buds. He has filled in nicely with fat and bone and blood, and he's almost ready to come out.

He moved a little bit while we were snooping around in my uterus, but only enough to tease us with what might come in August. His little fists, his little legs...both looked fuller, fatter, chubbier, CUTER.

I'm officially in love. This is the cutest baby, I'm sure of it. In fact, if there is a Cutest Baby in the Universe contest, I am entering him immediately, in utero. Donald Trump will be floored by the cuteness. And my baby won't be getting all stupid about gay marriage, either.

Smart baby.

No comments: