Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Kicking

The baby is kicking frequently enough that I've put away the worries I've been having for the meanwhile and started concentrating on a game called, "gas or baby?"

Usually, I can feel the baby in the morning and evening, when I'm quiet and not moving, lying down, or random moments of stillness.  Apparently, he sleeps, so there are times I forget he's in there, although that's difficult considering I can no longer see my toes.  

He definitely has his moments, and seems to like to use my bladder as a stepping stool.  Occasionally, I'll have the most insistent urge to go to the bathroom for no reason whatsoever, which is both annoying and inconvenient when I'm working.  But I forgive him.  He knows not what he does.

A little 7 year old girl I adore came up to me the other day and put her hand right up on my belly.  While intently feeling for movement she smiled and quietly asked, "Is he kicking yet?"  My heart almost burst.  It was one of the sweetest moments I have known since becoming pregnant.

In other news, my stomach can now be used as a shelf.  I can balance my lunch on it.  It's both awesome and horrifying.




No comments: