Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

Weight and Worry

The doctor measured my stomach and didn't make a comment, so I'm taking that as a good sign that everything is ok. No news is good news, as far as I'm concerned.

I started off overweight at 144, which I'd LIKE to blame on the two miscarriages and my hormones raging out of control for nearly 8 months and not the fact that I was just getting older and my metabolism was slowing to a snail's crawl...but I digress.

My weigh in at 18 weeks was 153, about 9 pounds gained. Not too shabby.

Next weigh in was 164 at 24 weeks, which is 11 pounds gained in a month and a half. Yikes.

My weigh in this time was 169, five more pounds gained in a month, which means I've gained a total of about 25 pounds in my 28 weeks. The doc said, "Completely normal and right on track." I do realize this does not give me the go ahead to eat boxes of cupcakes and donuts every day, although the baby says otherwise.

If I can get away with gaining 25 pounds, I think I'll be on target. However, it has been said that you usually gain about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds a week in your third trimester, which would put me over the top.

Ok, ok, I'll put the Twinkies back. Sheesh.


No comments: