Pages

Friday, August 22, 2008

Oof

3 days into my cycle and I feel like a midget is punching me in the gut all the live long day.  It's such a gross feeling, and very unsatisfying as far as pain goes.  It's not like a paper cut, and it doesn't sear and burn.

The feeling is almost a numb pressure, like someone is giving me a bad pap smear.  But instead of beginning with a warning about a cold speculum and ending quickly with a snap of the glove, it's endless discomfort that travels through my stomach and even down my thighs, and all the way to my toes.  

If this was all pregnancy related, I'd be elated right now and celebrating every backache and twang of pain (cue Alanis Morrisette song), but a period deserves nothing but bitching and moaning and cursing.

Oh, and lots of cookies.  

No comments: