Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Lunchbox Alternative

Every night I take off my humongous bra, and nearly every night I find food.  Weird food.  And mostly food I don't remember having eaten.  Disturbing to most, a tasty midnight snack for pregnant women who can't bend down to eat things off the floor.  Yes, I'm starving.

And really, if I'm starving, so is the baby.  (Insert additional common rationalization for disgusting behavior here.)

The other night, I reached down and felt something poke me.  French fry.  When did I eat a french fry last?  For the life of me, I can not remember.  Said French fry was dry, hard, and a peculiar color that would not be of any fried potato on the planet. 

Knowing full well there was a refrigerator full of fresh, lovely food upstairs, I questioned whether it was worth waddling myself up to the top floor of my house for a nutritious snack.  And when I asked myself that particular question, there was no answer.  (*pregnant craving crickets*)

The answer to your upcoming question is a shameful YES. 

No comments: