Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Weight Gain

After a hysterical visit to my doctor's office last week, I got the ok for as much time as I want after the pregnancy.  She will sign off on my paperwork with no worries, and I am off the hook for now.  THANK THE BABY JESUS.  No, I'm not terribly religious, but I am desperately grateful.  The stress has decreased ten-fold.

Also, she weighed me, as usual.  As I stepped on the scale, I couldn't control the blurting of "I AM WEARING BOOTS!"  Everyone knows boots weigh at least 10 pounds.  And socks...I was wearing really thick socks.  That's another 2 pounds.  Shut up.

I was dreading the weigh in, actually.  Seeing the scale needle slowly rise more and  more every visit has made me feel slightly insecure.  But my doctor surprised me by announcing I had only gained 9 pounds in 18 weeks.  I was sure I had gained twice that amount.  Woo!

To celebrate, I immediately ate the chocolate croissant I was hiding in my purse, natch.

No comments: