Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

And Exhale...

The testing results were great.  Normal across the board.  Now, all that is left is the blood work that checks for Spina bifida, something I am not too worried about.

Knowing all the chromosomes are there and accounted for is a relief I wish I had experienced with my first pregnancy.  Although the CVS testing was painful, I feel a calmness about this pregnancy that I never felt before.  It makes me wish I had just gone ahead and gotten the testing done before.

There is something to be said for taking precautions, although my husband and I discussed what our options would have been if the outcome had been very different.  Our conclusion?

We had no idea what we would have done.  Testing just makes it clearer that there is no clear solution to having a child with special needs.

No comments: