Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Compare and Contrast

I know your not supposed to compare kids.  But here's the skinny on the differences I've noticed between my two boys.

The baby screams when he's hungry, screams when he's being changed, screams when he's being dressed...but totally quiet and content when he's not.

He is also an eating machine.  I don't ever remember the tot eating as much as this baby does.  He eats every hour, if he can get away with it.  And he is constantly rooting, opening his mouth, sticking his tongue out.  He's on the hunt for anything he can possibly get in his stomach.  The lactation nurse suggested this might be gas, however.  This would explain the red-faced grunting.

He sleeps through anything.  With a toddler brother and his friends at the house, constantly screaming and yelling and banging their toys on everything, this baby has slept for hours on end through the noise.  It amazes us, since the tot used to wake up to me turning on my cel phone.

He sleeps without screaming for two hours before bedtime.  The tot used to scream his head off for at least two hours, sometimes more.  It drove my husband and I insane for at least two months.  There was no rhyme or reason to these fits...he just didn't like going to bed.  And when he woke up the next day, he was the happiest baby on the block.  It was Jekyll and Hyde baby with the tot.  With this baby, it's quiet, relaxing evenings.  He simply drifts off to sleep on most nights, unless there's an evil gas bubble lurking.

Other than that, they're both very cute, very boy, and both are keeping me running around like a maniac.  Partners in crime.  I'm doomed.

No comments: