Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Maverick Belly

People keep asking me how this pregnancy is comparing to the last, and honestly, this time around it's been a cake walk...except...

1) Exhaustion.  I'm definitely old.
2) Working full time sucks when you're pregnant.  No getting around it.
3) More frequent heartburn.  Fire burps.
4) The 50 foot waves on my belly are simply unreal.  I see elbows poking out of my side at any given moment.
5) Cramping in my pelvis.  Weird, unexplained cramping that comes and goes.
6) Incontinence.  It was a little annoying in the last pregnancy.  Now, it's constant and gross.  I hate smelling like pee...especially when it's MY pee.

Of all the things I just mentioned, I think the belly thing is the craziest.  Sometimes I just grab random people's hands and put them on my stomach, just to have someone validate how insane the movement is.  This baby is always moving.  ALWAYS.  So much so, when the doctor gave me the kick count card, I snickered.

Other than that, this pregnancy has been a pretty decent ride.  I can't complain...except, I just did.

No comments: