Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Eight Pounds

I hit the 20 week mark on Sunday and saw my doctor for my monthly visit and weigh in.  So far, I have gained a total of eight pounds.  What'chu say?  Eight pounds?  That's barely a watermelon!  And I KNOW I have eaten at least fifty pounds of watermelon since 20 weeks ago...that and In-N-Out burger...animal style.

My last pregnancy, I had gained nine pounds in 18 weeks, so by all accounts, I am definitely not eating my weight in food this time around.  Although I kinda am.  Also, I am the size of a manatee. So really, this makes no sense at all.

However, I do not look a gift horse in the mouth.  Since hearing the news, I have tried my best not to shovel food in my mouth and eat the worst things possible just to settle my insatiable cravings for saturated fat and calories.  Good on me!

Honestly, I do it for the sake of the baby.  And the sake of my lady parts.  If you have a giant baby like I did, that last push in labor is a doozy.

No comments: