Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Without a Trace

Hi there.  I know I've been absent for a month.  The twelve people who read this blog may be wondering, "Gee, what happened?"  I'll tell you what happened.  Seven months happened.

It seems that there is a turbo charger build into babies that mature at exactly the seven month mark.  When that day hits, the turbo charger revs up and BOOM!  Your life is complete chaos and hysteria for God knows how long.  That's what happened, and that's why I've been completely off the map for four weeks.

At six months I thought, "Eh, this isn't so bad.  He's a little squirmy, but nothing I can't handle."

At six and a half months I thought, "Well, he's a handful, but I can keep up with him.  At least he's not crawling yet.

At seven months I though, "Holy Baby Jesus, save me.  Who fed the baby a double espresso?!"

And now, at eight and a half months, I feel as though my brain has been scrambled.  Keeping up with this big baby has been keeping me at my wits' end.  How am I supposed to keep up the pace when he's turned into an octopus baby, complete with sticky gecko-like fingertips that seem to grab everything in less than a micro-second?

Yesterday, after my husband came home from work, I handed him the baby and I literally fell down.  For no apparent reason.  Yup, just FELL DOWN.

I AM DOOMED.

No comments: